Tuesday 18 November 2008

Beggining the course and the objective.

This is a page designed for my AS media course. I am studying at Suffolk New College and am hoping to have this page full of my work by the end of the year. This page is designed for my coursework, a opening of a film in the style of Film Noir. All my research and other work that contributes to this project will be uploaded regularly.
The Brief
I have been commissioned to produce a film opening and the theme is "contemporary Film Noir Thriller". My work should update the Noir genre but to bring the values, traditions, narrative, mood and conventions of Film Noir to a new audience in contemporary style and setting. I will need to consider and mention what sort of institution it would sit within and the cinemas and distribution pattern the film would have film and also where it will sit best in the television schedules and on which station.
I have to produce:
In a group of four, an approximately 2 minute opening sequence for a film thriller/noir certification 15-18. Titles and music should be included, which reflect the genre pace and mood of the film. Each student in the group should explore all the different roles and responsibilities involved in the production but will be expected to take responsibility for one of the roles.

No comments: